About the DAANZ
The purposes of the DAANZ are:
- to publicise and promote the game of Diplomacy and games of a similar type within Australia and New Zealand;
- to provide a forum for the discussion of issues of importance to Australian and New Zealand Diplomacy players;
- to oversee the conduct of Diplomacy tournaments within Australia and New Zealand.
The DAANZ is incorporated in Victoria, Incorporated Association no. A0029615P. The registered address of the DAANZ is PO Box 543, Hawthorn, VIC, 3122, AUSTRALIA.
DAANZ Officials (2008)
President: Grant Steel
Secretary: Thorin Munro
Public Officer: Tristan Lee
You can find out more about the role of DAANZ officials here.
Membership of the DAANZ costs $5.00 (Australian) per year. If you are not a current member but you want to join, please send your membership fee to Tristan Lee. Email him for address details
The DAANZ encourages Diplomacy tournaments throughout Australia and New Zealand, providing resources and advice to tournament organisers. To assist tournament organisers, the following information is provided:
- Tournaments may be affiliated with the DAANZ if they meet the criteria for affiliation. Results of affiliated tournaments count towards Master Points and the Bismark Cup.
- The DAANZ has a set of suggested tournament rules that organizers may use when preparing the rules for their tournaments.
- Tournament organizers can use a variety of scoring systems to determine placings.
- At some tournaments, Diplomacy is not the only game played. Here are some sample multiplayer boardgame tournament rules.
- Finally, some miscellaneous advice for tournament organisers.
- DAANZ Constitution
- Brief History of the DAANZ